If you are in need of an easy breakfast that you can meal prep ahead of time, this is it! I absolutely love egg dishes because they keep me full and energized throughout the day. In case you haven’t noticed from previous blogs, I love finding fun ways to sneak tons of vegetables into my diet. This is definitely one of those recipes that doesn’t taste like you’re eating a bunch of greens (but you are)! I also like this as an easy lunch with some potatoes or a side salad. I have even chopped this up into small pieces and made a breakfast taco!
Now let’s make this thing!
I like to chop the vegetables into smaller pieces because a) they don’t overpower the eggs and b) they cook faster.
I also like to lay down the vegetables in the pan before pouring the eggs on top to ensure that I have an even layer of vegetables and each bite has a little bit of everything!
Optional but recommend step to top this dish off with some parmesan cheese!
You Will Need:
- 12-16 eggs (I say this because I bought a pack of 18 and wanted to save a few for other recipes. But 12 to 16 eggs will work just perfectly for this recipe)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2-1 cup cheddar cheese (depending on how much cheddar you want)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl and add milk and cheese (season with salt and pepper)
- Chop broccoli and spinach into small pieces
- Sautee vegetables for about 5 minutes until soft
- Add eggs and vegetables into a non-stick sprayed dish and bake for 30-35 minutes